Register - Trial Version SolidPlant P&ID 2016
For security purposes some functionality in SolidPlant P&ID has been limited in the trial version.
SolidPlant P&ID 2016 is an add-in to ARES, a 2D drawing application.
- 30 day trial period; ARES has a 30 day limit for the trial period. After that time period the user may still use the CAD system but will not be able to save or print drawings.
- Custom Symbol is disabled; the trial version does not have Custom symbol functionality.
- Limit of one project; you will only be able to create a single project with the trial version.
- One drawing per project; you will only be able to create a single drawing in your project created with the trial version.
- Synchronize to SolidPlant is disabled; you will not be able to synchronize the data in your PID directly with SolidPlant 3D. However you can still export your PID data for use in SolidPlant 3D.
- Windows 7 or 8
- Minimum of 4 GB Ram.
- Hard Drive with Minimum of 10 GB free space.
- Microsoft Office or a program that is compatible with Excel files.
Downloading and Installation
- Click on the link provided to download the installation package to any convenient location on your computer.
- After the download is complete right click the archive file and select “Extract Here”.
- Double-click the set-up file; this will start the installation program.
- Click “Next” on the setup welcome screen.
- The default install location will appear in the window.
- You can install to a different location by clicking the “Browse…” button.
- Click “Next” to continue.
- On the next screen click “Install” to begin the installation.
- Wait while the software is prepared and installed.
- Click “OK” on the message box.
- ARES may start during install.
- If this happens select the “Run” button on the ARES startup screen.
- Close ARES once it has opened.
- The installation will continue.
- Hit the “Close” button when the installation has finished.
Activating the Trial License
- To run SolidPlant P&ID double-click the desktop icon that is created during installation.
- During the first run the activation screen may appear.
- Select the “Activate” button.
- On the next screen select “Activate” and click “Next”.
- Select “Internet” or “Email” for activation method and hit “Next”.
- Enter your information in the form and then hit “Next”.
- Select the “Time Limited Trial Version” and hit “Send”.
- Your email program will open a new email with your information ready to send.
- Send the email.
- You will receive an activation license key in a reply email within one day.
- Once you have received an activation license key re-start ARES and select the “Activate” button again.
- Select “Enter License Key” and hit “Next”.
- Copy and Paste the license key from the email into the text box and hit the “Activate” button.
- A message will confirm that ARES has been activated for 30Days.
- Re-start ARES and hit “run” every time you want to work. It will show the remaining days left.